View Single Post

Old 01-27-2011, 06:31 AM
NepalKat NepalKat is offline Mac OS X Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac
Novice

NepalKat is on a distinguished road
Default Resetting to MSWord to default

Good People:

I have MS Office for Mac. I use MSWord every day. It's gotten so glitchy and many of my favorite features have either disappeared or no longer function as they should. Someone told me the best way to correct this problem is to return Word to all it default settings at once by . . . . doing something; I forget what. Doing that will take Word back to the configuration of settings it was originally installed with, but it will wipe out any customized tweaks & tricks I have made over the last several years. I don't really care about that, I want to change many of them anyway, so that is not a concern. What does concern me, however, is my document files. I'm told resetting Word won't effect them in any way, and I'm fairly sure it doesn't (but would welcome expert confirmation of same). Secondly, I can't find any command for resetting the program to its defaults; does anyone know what that command is and where I can find it.

Any and all comments & advice will be greatly appreciated and earn you much merit in the eyes of the Buddha.

NepalKat