View Single Post

Old 10-18-2018, 01:30 PM
ugcheleuce ugcheleuce is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2003
Novice

ugcheleuce is on a distinguished road
Default Word 2003, clicking now selects text instead of placing cursor

G'day everyone

I'm using Word 2003 on Windows 7. I recently had to edit a file that contained Arabic script, and so I added buttons on the toolbar for LTR and RTL, and since then, some funny things have been happening to my Word.

For one, Tools > Options now have another tab called "Complex Scripts". This doesn't bother me. For another, the Find/Replace dialog now has some extra options, e.g. Match kashida, Match diacritics, Match alef hamza and Match control characters. This doesn't bother me either.

What bothers me to no end (and I hope you can tell me how to fix it) is that when I click anywhere outside a sentence or paragraph, Word selects text instead of putting the cursor there. In a table, if I click to the right of the text, previously it would put the cursor at the end of the line, but now it selects the entire cell. In a line of hard returns, when I hover left or right of the line breaks, the mouse pointer is an arrow, and if I click, it selects the paragraph mark instead of putting the cursor there.

How can I fix this (i.e. so that clicking places the cursor)?

The document language is not Arabic, the text language is not Arabic, and my system language is not Arabic.

Thanks
Samuel