Thread: [Solved] I need a slashed zero
View Single Post

Old 10-16-2018, 03:40 PM
pekkg pekkg is offline Windows 8 Office 2010 32bit
Novice

pekkg is on a distinguished road
Default how to create slashed zero - zéro barré

I've read Tips for net or CBS , even a Google book with nearly unreadable font & no way to select / copy anything

as everybody knows by reading those pages, here is the formula

tried to copy it there but no way, not even the result

so

1/ type at the same time CTRL + F9 (+ Fn on a portable computer) : it gives you the following braces / brackets.

{ }
Inside this space, you type (or paste) the core of the formula in verdana font but it seems to work with other fonts (did it in full arial)
it gives you {eq \o (
no space between { and e but a space between q and\ and no space between \ and small o, then a space between small o and ( then you type 0 Zero comma and / slash, adding the closing )
the complete formula ==> {eq \o (0,/)}
you then have to select (shows 2 shades of blue when selected) the content of the equation, then press at the same time 3 keys lower shift + F9 (+ Fn on portable computer)
if shift does not work, replace the above combination by Alt + F9 (+Fn on portable computer)
it did not work on my computer but, I did as I do in Excel when importing US-style .csv files, I changed the sign , (comma) into ; and it did work....
{eq \o (0,/)} on my French computer gives {eq \o (0;/)} then at the same time press 2 (or 3) keys lower shift + F9 (+ Fn on portable computer).

I'm not a geek, I know nothing more that what I finally was successful enough to get, result which has nothing to do with slashed o or O, with Phi, Fita (Russian for greek theta) and so on. (used to ancient and Modern Greek , Russian old and new) + some acquaintance of scandinavian letters

wish you some luck : i did it in Arial font before writing this post and it worked