View Single Post

Old 10-12-2018, 11:51 AM
14spar15 14spar15 is offline Windows XP Office 2000
Advanced Beginner

14spar15 is on a distinguished road
Default Apply a formula or not depending on checkbox status

I have 50 - 200 URL’s that have a common type structure in column A. They each have a part number embedded in them (in the same fashion) that I want to stand alone. So for example in column B I may have a formula that deletes everything after the 3rd “/” from the string in column A. In column C I might take the string in column B and delete everything up to the last “)” and in this case it would leave me with just the actual part numbers. Sometimes I may have to go through one or 2 more formulas to get this original URL stripped down to just the part number. With each vendor I deal the formulas are always different depending on how they write there URL’s for their product line but all of their part numbers are embedded throughout their product line in the same fashion. With about 10 to 12 different formulas I can deal with just about any vendor’s different URL arrangements. So I don’t have to assemble a new Excel sheet with each vendor I would like to have a column for each of my 12 different formulas that are only used if I have a check box in row 2 checked. I tried hiding the columns that are not being used but each of the formulas reference back to a column and depending on which formulas/columns I’m using this is never consistent.