View Single Post

Old 01-26-2011, 02:23 PM
tareq tareq is offline Windows 7 Office 2007
Novice

tareq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjornS View Post
Hi again,
after you have run your recorded macro's try this macro (still before the macro I wrote for you). It will delete rows where there is data in column "E" but no data in column "D".

I think we are through now with all issues!!

Kind regards
Bjorn

PS. Have a look at the code. As you see it is not so complicated with some simple macro's, why not try to learn? It started learning just some few months ago, just by googling around

Sub FixShortMonth()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim rownum As Long
rownum = 174

Do Until Cells(rownum, 5).Value = ""

If Cells(rownum, 4).Value = "" Then
Cells(rownum, 1).EntireRow.Delete
Else
rownum = rownum + 1
End If

Loop

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
End Sub
Hey Bjorn!
Man you really helped me! The fixmonth macro worked perfectly, and the code to fix the confirmation msg also worked ) I will learn about visual basic and macros, actually I learned a lot from you, but I am now racing the time, so what I do is observing what you do and then I will create something, I will deal later with weather data again but I will have time to learn and fix the issue ) Any ways, one last thing, when I applied your macro the "FixRows" macro it copied and pasted the header for the first 5 hours instead of just copying the data!! The result is attached in the sheet "06_2005_fixrow", I highlighted the error in red. If we you fixed this issue for me now I will finish the around 300 files by Sunday
Attached Files
File Type: xls Weather_Forum.xls (354.0 KB, 15 views)