View Single Post

Old 10-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Louiseaf Louiseaf is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Louiseaf is on a distinguished road
Exclamation How can I write a complex if_then_else statement in Word

Hello

I am having a bit of difficulty figuring out a way to get this statement to work. I am pulling data from an online recruitment portal so my data source isn't particularly flexible.

This is the text:

(this line always appears)Please note that this offer is subject to the following conditions:
{IF{ MERGEFIELD pvgdisclosure}="PVG Children"
• PVG: You successfully gain and maintain membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups scheme in relation to children " ""}{IF{ MERGEFIELD pvgdisclosure}="PVG Adults"
• PVG: You successfully gain and maintain membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups scheme in relation to Adults" ""}{IF{ MERGEFIELD pvgdisclosure}="PVG Both"
• PVG: You successfully gain and maintain membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups scheme in relation to Adults and Children" ""}{IF{ MERGEFIELD gtcs_apply}="Yes"
• GTCS: You successfully gain and maintain registration with the GTCS. " ""}{IF{ MERGEFIELD sssc_apply}="Yes"
• SSSC: You successfully gain and maintain registration with the Scottish Social Service Council. " ""}

The above currently works. However what I want to set is if none of the above applies, I want the merge to input this line:
•There are no applicable conditions to this offer.

Hopefully that makes sense?