View Single Post

Old 09-20-2018, 03:05 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

For that you'd use a field coded like:
{IF{MERGEFIELD Inv_Addr1}= "" "{MERGEFIELD Site_Addr1}↵
{MERGEFIELD Site_Addr2}↵
{MERGEFIELD Site_Loc}{MERGEFIELD Site_State}{MERGEFIELD Site_PCode}" "{MERGEFIELD Inv_Addr1}↵
{MERGEFIELD Inv_Addr2}↵
{MERGEFIELD Inv_Loc}{MERGEFIELD Inv_State}{MERGEFIELD Inv_PCode}"}
or:
{IF«Inv_Addr1»= "" "«Site_Addr1»↵
«Site_Addr2»↵
«Site_Loc» «Site_State» «Site_PCode»" "«Inv_Addr1»↵
«Inv_Addr2»↵
«Inv_Loc» «Inv_State» «Inv_PCode»"}

Note: The field brace pairs (i.e. '{ }') for the above example are all created in the document itself, via Ctrl-F9 (Cmd-F9 on a Mac); you can't simply type them or copy & paste them from this message. Nor is it practical to add them via any of the standard Word dialogues. Likewise, the chevrons (i.e. '« »') are part of the actual mergefields - which you can insert from the 'Insert Merge Field' dropdown (i.e. you can't type or copy & paste them from this message, either). The spaces represented in the field constructions are all required. Instead of the ↵ symbols, you should use real line breaks.