View Single Post

Old 09-08-2018, 09:54 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foryourinfo View Post
I gave up on this and then bing bang boom I found the hidden secret to resizing any single cell with word table using 2016.
The topic of this thread, though, concerns resizing an entire column.

Although off-topic for this thread, triple-clicking on a table cell so you can resize the width of just that cell (and, as a consequence, have the opposite effect on the width of an adjoining cell on the side concerned) by dragging the cell border is standard fare for Word. I'm not aware it's ever been raised as an issue here, though. Do note that if you simply change the cell's width via Table Tools|Layout>Cell Size>Width, that will result in all cells to the right moving left/right to compensate instead of the adjoining cell resizing.