View Single Post

Old 08-25-2018, 06:02 PM
Swarup Swarup is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Competent Performer

Swarup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
If you upload two documents, one containing content from your 'first' or 'second' file, and another containing the problematic content from your 'third' file, it may be possible someone here to remedy the issue via Style redefinition or a different approach to combining the content.
I wasn't sure how you would want me to prepare the two documents. The first document consists of file 1 and file 2 combined; what I did was to copy content from the end of that document. That is attached here with the name "Part 1 end". File 3 is the file which is getting ruined when I try to merge it into the first document. I copied the first few paragraphs from file 3 and pasted it into a document called "Part 2 beginning".

I create a third document just now to give you a sample of what happens when I try to merge the "part 2 beginning" into the end of "part 1 end". As you can see, the formatting of all the punctuation-- square brackets, commas, parentheses etc is ruined. But that is only the beginning of the problem. In the full document, the text itself is also malformatted by being change into Arial font-- all of it -- Hindi and English.

Let me know if this is sufficient for you to check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Part 1 end.docx (13.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: docx Part 2 beginning.docx (16.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: docx Part 1 with Part 2 merged into it..docx (18.3 KB, 6 views)