View Single Post

Old 08-25-2018, 04:08 PM
Swarup Swarup is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Competent Performer

Swarup is on a distinguished road

I have had to do a lot of direct formatting throughout due to the fact that there are two different languages, each having their own font and font size. All the English words are in Times New Roman size 12, and all the Hindi words are in Nirmala size 11. And there are many sentences that contain Hindi and English words. Furthermore, the line spacing is different for English and Hindi paragraphs. I had tried to set up the font differences via styles using Latin and Complex Font settings. But MS Word did not follow along i.e. did not set the Hindi in the font and font size I had requested, so I had to do it myself directly. It did not seem like MS Word is used to working with multiple languages having different alphabets in the same document.

So I do not think there was any way to set up all the special needs of this project using styles.

Be that as it may, the second document merged perfectly well into the first. And the third document has all the same direct formatting which the first two files have. Short of using styles - which I do not think is possible here -- What would be the way to get the fonts maintained in the second file merge just as they were in the first?