View Single Post

Old 08-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Swarup Swarup is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Competent Performer

Swarup is on a distinguished road
Default Merging two Word documents: 2nd document not maintaining original font type and font size

I'm in the final stages of preparing a book to send for printing, and need to merge the three separate MS Word files in which I've written all the chapters, into one file. I opened the first file, put the cursor at the end of the file and went to Insert -> Objects -> Text from file -> selected second file. The second file was inserted perfectly at the end of the first file. All fonts and font sizes from the original second file were properly maintained.

I then again put the cursor at the end of this file and went to Insert -> Objects -> Text from file -> selected third file. The third file was inserted at the end of the file, but all the fonts were converted to Arial 11. None of the fonts in any of my three files are Arial.

I do not understand why the first file merge worked perfectly, but the second merge is scrapping all the fonts and font sizes from my original third file and changing everything to Arial 11. I tried just doing a traditional copy-paste of the third file into the main file, but it still changes everything to Arial 11. How can I prevent this and get the merge to maintain my original fonts?