View Single Post

Old 01-22-2011, 10:16 AM
S3ZAi S3ZAi is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2007
Novice

S3ZAi is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Word crashed, lost all my work

First a big hi to everyone, I'm new here.

My question concerns the following: I was working on a text this afternoon, when suddenly word crashed, I got a message that I had to restart it. When I did, all my work of today was gone, luckily I had multiple copies of yesterdays save. But I thought office was supposed to automatically save every 5 minutes or so, is it possible that there's somewhere a copy floating around in my netbook that I could still salvage with at least some of my work of today still there? Generally I save myself every few minutes, but today for some reason I was so concentrated on my writing that I forgot...

More details: I tried to move a piece of text a few lines lower, when I dropped it where I wanted it was the moment office crashed. The file is on my desktop. I am using a legit copy of office 2007 and working on an Asus netbook, it is a new model with n550, dual core 1.5ghz, 2gb memory, win7 starter. Since the crash I have put off the netbook and not put it on anymore to make sure I don't overwrite anything, if there is any danger to do so.

Anyone any help or should I just start over?