View Single Post

Old 08-20-2018, 11:09 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is online now Windows 10 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

This can be done with Fields or vba. Where possible, I prefer fields because not all Word environments can use macros.

On the first page you would want a bookmarked drop-down content control that has all the options you might use. Then you would want your conditional text to be in IF Fields. This will be complex. I would recommend starting small.

Your IF Fields will need to test for any of the choices that could call for display. Note that IF fields will not update automatically. You might get around this by using Mapped Content Controls. I'm not sure.

You could also use legacy formfields but I recommend avoiding them unless needed.

See my Gender Toolbar Add-In for examples of IF fields.