View Single Post

Old 08-16-2018, 05:58 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarup View Post
I am using heading 1 for all the other chapters; what heading should I use for these, and how do I set the TOC so as to not display the page # for that level?
In that case you might use Heading2 and format it to look the same as Heading1. In addition to adding a tab after the name, followed by 'unavailable', you'd add the \w switch and an \n 2-2 switch to the TOC field.
Quote:
1. In the TOC I would like to have a number preceding each chapter name, to give a running count of chapter number. That's pretty common I think so my guess is there may be a setting for that although I could not find it in the "edit field" options for the TOC.
That can be done quite easily by giving Heading 1 Style a suitable numbering scheme, via the Numbering tools.
Quote:
2. This book is written using both Hindi and English. As such at the beginning of each chapter, the chapter title is provided in both languages: The top line in Hindi, and just underneath that in English. What I had done is to assign each of these two titles the status of "heading 1". As a result, in the TOC there are two listings for each chapter: One in Hindi, and then one in English.

Is there a way for me to get the Hindi and English titles to appear in the TOC on a single line one following the other, with one page number listing?
If all you have between these two headings is a paragraph break, simply replace that with a space and a manual line break.
Quote:
3. Optimally as mentioned I would like to have the two headings appear on the TOC on one line, separated by a back slash. For example, here is what I want:

फ़सल का प्रबन्ध, वृष्टि के समय / Management of crops during rain ......................62
Following on from the above, unless you add the / to the heading, the TOC can't generate it. You could however, have:

फ़सल का प्रबन्ध, वृष्टि के समय
Management of crops during rain.............................................. .............62

by adding the \x switch to the TOC field.