View Single Post

Old 08-14-2018, 10:44 AM
Swarup Swarup is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Competent Performer

Swarup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
Is there a reason you can't just insert suitable headings at the appropriate place in the document? That way, you wouldn't need to unlink the Table of Contents.
If I were to insert headings like this in the document, those headings would be printed wouldn't they, and would therefore each require their own page in the printed text. If that is the case, I wasn't till now planning on dedicating space in the book for the unavailable chapters. Just had wanted to indicate it in the TOC. But I will think about this, thanks.

Quote:
To differentiate them from the others, you could include the word 'unavailable' and, if you use a different Heading Style, have the Table of Contents not display the page # for that level.
Would there be a way to have the word "unavailable" appear in the TOC in place of where the page number would have been?

Quote:
Another option would be to bookmark each of the ranges for which content is available, then insert a separate Table of Contents for each bookmarked range and, between them, insert your static content.
I will review the links provided by Charles Kenyon, which will likely give more insight into how this sort of option could be set up. Thanks.