View Single Post

Old 08-09-2018, 03:56 PM
thumb thumb is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Advanced Beginner

thumb is on a distinguished road
Default How to sort multiple columns with pages

I have a database if you want to call it that with program names in one column and disk ID numbers in the next column. I can With all the data in just two columns is no problem sorting and keeping everything in order but that's where my expertise stops. What I have is a spreadsheet that has 8 columns with the names and ID's in each two. The page break is at every 50 lines for printing purposes. My problem is when I want to add a new program name and disk ID, I can't make everything either move down and over and to the next page. Am I making any sense? Here's an example of what I need to achieve:

If I added a new program name Bull's Eye 2 after the Bull's Eye entry, I would have to insert a space before the Business Card M entry along with the disk ID which would move everything down. The problem is I do not want everything to move down in a way, I need it to move down but the last entry in that column before the page break would move over to the top of the next column and so forth. That would also mean that the last entry in the last column would have to move down to the next page and in the first column. Do you follow? So if I did insert that space for the new program name/ID, the last program and ID number in the last two columns at the bottom of the page break which would be Disk Doctor U259, would be forced to move down to the next page line 51 columns 1 & 2. I've attached a pic showing what I am talking about. I am a novice at this so this has me pulling my hair out or at least what I have left of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg excel examp.jpg (123.9 KB, 35 views)