Thread: [Solved] Table left margin changes
View Single Post

Old 08-01-2018, 05:44 AM
ddiemetric ddiemetric is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

ddiemetric is on a distinguished road
Default Table left margin changes

I have a template that includes a default table style with a set left margin to ensure the left side of the table aligns with the paragraphs before and after the table.

I often have to do doc reviews in a conference room using a different computer. Nearly every time I do this, the next time I open the doc on my regular computer, the left margin on all tables has shifted further to the left. However, when I look at the table properties and the table style, they show the original margin value from the template.

Example: The left margin in the template is set to .72". When I open the doc on my regular computer, the left margin has shifted to the left, but the properties still say .72". To align the edge of the table with the paragraph text, I have to manually move the left margin to .81" or I have to update the table style to .81" and then reapply it to all of the tables.

There are no other alignment issues in the doc. It's just the tables that change.

My documents are set to automatically update styles from the template. The docs are located on a server that also contains the template, so the link to the template remains intact no matter what computer I use. But even if something on the conference room computer caused a change in the doc, shouldn't the template override that?

BTW - If I open a new doc from the template and copy/paste all of the content from the original doc. It fixes some of the tables. For the rest, I just have to reapply the table style to get the margins back where they should be. But there are a pile of tables, so it's a pain.

Thanks.

Last edited by ddiemetric; 08-01-2018 at 05:52 AM. Reason: add additional info