View Single Post

Old 07-29-2018, 08:51 AM
Flynny Flynny is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Flynny is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Reference a Building block gallery control from another Field and insert text using If logic

Dear all,

I am using office 365 and I have inserted a building block gallery control which I have set up to insert a 1 2 3 or NI The tag name for the control is E1_ConditionRating

I have used the building blocks gallery so I can format the condition ratings as set out above.

I need to be able to use the If statement in a field on a different part of the word document:

If 1 "E1 " to be listed at the front of the document under condition rating 1 heading

If 2 "E1 " to be listed at the front of the document under condition rating 2 heading

If 3 "E1 " to be listed at the front of the document under condition rating 3 heading and also to be listed under the rear urgent section of the document.

If NI "E1 " to be listed at the front of the document under not inspected heading

my problem is referencing the building block data which presumably is identified by the tag name.

I am a very basic user of word and a cannot nest the if statements and do not know how to reference the data in the building block control.

I would really appreciate your help.

Kind regards

Flynny