View Single Post

Old 07-18-2018, 02:13 PM
tvan tvan is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

tvan is on a distinguished road
Exclamation button "clear format", etc; anchors, functions and properties of OpenType, negative width of symbol?

Hi, all,
prompt, please,
1) are there a font or .ttf-file with all alphabets, or with many of them, in which letters have identical height instead of one alphabet more higher, another more lower (arial unicode, and another "unicodes" have no such property) ? i.e. if i wrote article with phrases on different languages (e.g. english, tibetian, birmanese, yi), have i a chance to see a text with garmony of alphabets?

2) which features of font specify, that button "clear format" in Word kill one alphabet (changing letters by empty rectangles) and dont kill another alphabet?
3) how OS (or Word?) choose, which font from several national fonts is base? e.g. base font of document is Callibri; phrase by devanagari can be visialized by fonts Aparajita, Kokila, Mangal, Utsaah, but indian text become Mangal in Word at pressing button "clear font" (this font is not first at sorting by name ) - because which properties just this font is chosed from all ?

also, can you prompt just about font construction
4) in which alphabets (arabic, urdu, etc, hebrew, tibetian , birmanese, thai) diacretic marks are made by (4.1) negative width of yard-of-letter (kegel place)? in which by (4.2) anchors? in which by (4.3) OpenType-functions and properties?

5) if width of yard-of-DIACRETIC (kegel place) is negative and is equal of width of previous symbol, then diacretic will lay on symbol. What will happen, if width of diacretic is negative, but is equal of half width of previous symbol?
6) what will happen, if height (instead of width) of diacretic is negative?