View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2000
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShroff View Post
Is there some way I can specify in find that if l is in the middle of a word followed by a space then it should be replaced with ll and if l is at the end of a word it should be replaced with a ll followed by a space. Am I being too optimistic?
Sadly, yes, you're being too optimistic. With Find/Replace a 'word' is a string of characters with spaces or other puctuation marks at either end. Thus 'fol owed' is seen as two separate words in a Find/Replace operation, whilst 'runtogether' is seen as one word.

I am fairly proficient with both normal and wildcard Find/Replace operations and I can see no practical way of doing as you ask, other than to use an ordinary Find/Replace with 'Find' rather than 'Replace all' and choose in each 'found' case whether to Replace 'l ' with 'll'. There's nothing a Find/Replace operation can do to find 'missing' spaces, however - you'll need to use the spellchecker for that.