View Single Post

Old 07-16-2018, 08:32 PM
Dave T Dave T is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Advanced Beginner

Dave T is on a distinguished road
Default Risk Matrix table using Content Controls

Hello All,

I am an Adventurous Activity leader within Scouts Australia and regularly use a 5 x 5 risk matrix when running adventurous activities like Crate Stacking, Rock Climbing, Caving, etc.

Currently I am using an Excel version as my template and whilst the Excel version is good it does not always print very well in terms of splitting rows between headers and footers.

I was doing a web search and came across Greg Maxey’s ‘Content Controls In Math Applications’ (https://gregmaxey.com/word_tip_pages...perations.html) and this made me wonder if anyone had tried to reproduce a 5 x 5 matrix using Content Controls.

In the Excel Risk Management Plan picture, I use data validation in columns D and E to assess the existing / initial risk. An Index and Match formula in column F then returns the risk rating from the Matrix Table.
After the controls have been implemented the residual risk is again reassessed using columns H and I, using the same criteria with the final risk rating in column J.

I am curious if it is possible to create the Excel layout as a Word version of the 5 x 5 risk management plan using Word Content Controls ???

As new table rows are created would the Content Controls be reproduced on each new row ???

Regards,
Dave T
Attached Images
File Type: png Risk Management Plan.png (53.6 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png Risk Matrix.png (26.8 KB, 59 views)