View Single Post

Old 07-09-2018, 07:30 PM
rumeshk rumeshk is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

rumeshk is on a distinguished road
Default Export and Import from MS Project from .CSV

Hi All Members,

I am working on a project in MS Project I have new columns added to the main page by right clicking on the column and inserting a column. Like this I have added few fields with data. Then the next this is that I wanted to export it to a CSV file. To do this I 'Save As' the project and when the dialog box opens to save it to a location I give the file type as .CSV. Then the a 'Export Wizard' comes up. After progressing through and finishing the wizard the .csv file gets created with the new fields I added. Which is great!!.

Next thing what I wanted to do it import it to a new project. To do that I select New and select the option as 'New from an existing project'. When the dialog box opens I select the type of the file to .CSV (The previous file I exported). This will then open the 'Import Wizard'. In this case I will select a existing map where it remembers the new custom fields I had added. When I proceed through and finish the wizard the project imports the standard fields but not the custom fields. (which is puzzling to me).

Does anyone know why? Am I missing steps on the import part for the .CSV file?

Assistance on this is much appreciated.