View Single Post

Old 07-05-2018, 06:22 PM
chaz chaz is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

chaz is on a distinguished road
Default How do I change multiple pictures in Word 2016 to all new pictures that appear in a specified order?

How do I get Word 2016 (either through a macro or through some third-party program) to change multiple selected pictures so that they appear in an order that I choose? For example, say I have 50 random pictures (all residing in their own separate cell of a word table). And then say I have 300 more in a folder somewhere. How do I have it so that I first choose which pictures I want (in the order I chose then like pic 40, pic 57, pic 23, pic 158, etc.) and then have the 50 pictures in the document be changed to the 50 new pictures I selected.

Currently, I have to manually select a picture, right-click and pick "change picture", select "from a file", choose which folder the new pictures reside in, then pick the one picture, and press insert. I have to do that for every picture and for my job that can be over 400 pictures!

You can see a portion of what the layout looks like in the attachment that I added. As you can see, I have the picture in one cell with a caption underneath and then blank space in the cell to the right (this is where I write other stuff). This repeats for however many rows and there are anywhere from 8 to 12 separate word tables in the document that look exactly like this.

Is there a macro or add-on that can do this? I'm not saying it has to do exactly what I said, but something close. Like maybe a macro that inserts new pictures in the specified order but inserts then in the same places or something. I couldn't find any third-party way of doing this so any recommendations will help.

One limitation is that I can't rename the pics so that they show up in the order I want as that would take nearly as long as before. Unless there's a program that can do that separately. If there is one that can order them, then it could be that a macro or something inserts the pictures in order. All I would have to then is form a table around all the pictures (I think).

Forgive me for the complexity of this problem and thank you guys for the help.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Example.docx (316.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by chaz; 07-05-2018 at 10:43 PM.