Thread: [Solved] Save Selection
View Single Post

Old 01-14-2011, 03:47 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2000
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brock,
Quote:
Lets say that there is ContentControl(1), ContentControl(2), ContentControl(3) on my form. I then combine two or more of these forms together. Does ContentControl(1), ContentControl(2), ContentControl(3) on the second form rename to ContentControl(4), ContentControl(5), ContentControl(6) and so on? Or do the controls retain their name?
If you insert the new material after the existing material, the former numbers will remain the same. Obviously, though, the new set can't also be numbered 1,2,3 etc - they'll be numbered 4,5,6 etc. The converse applies if you insert the new material before the existing material. Of course, if you're working on a Section basis, that won't matter, as they'll all be numbered 1,2,3 etc within their own Section.
Quote:
I do not know where to find the name of a content control so I cannot manually check this.
Unlike formfields, content controls don't have 'bookmark' names. In any event, as I said before, you can only have one instance of a givven bookmark name in a document. If you combine two documents, both of which use the same bookmarks, then half the bookmarks will disappear.
Quote:
On my prior post, can you direct me how to loop the code?
What are you trying to loop - the Sections or adding to the 'IndexThis' bookmark (which you can only have one of for the whole document)- or both? From what you've described so far, Find/Replace is not a good way to approach this IMHO.