View Single Post

Old 05-17-2018, 03:08 PM
RMerckling RMerckling is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

RMerckling is on a distinguished road

Paul, last time I executed the merge, I was stuck with a nasty error that wouldn't go away. My process & code works (with the exception of the footer that doesn't get unlinked with the rest of the mergefields).

Considering I have these workbooks/documents in front of me, which are complex and difficult to explain sometimes, it may be most beneficial to try and find a solution for what I'm asking, although please do not get me wrong, I do appreciate your attempts to modify the entire process and give me a more straightforward approach.

Fact is, I put a lot of time into this method and I don't have the time to re-start, re-test, and re-train individuals when a process is working effectively (compared to previous processes). All I need now is this footer to unlink so when my users send their Word Docs to PDFs or go to print the Doc, the footer doesn't change to a mergefield. Aside from that, the process is great and I'd like to continue using it.

With all that being said, if you don't have a solution, that's fine and again, I appreciate your time & efforts.