View Single Post

Old 05-09-2018, 06:33 PM
bbecker24 bbecker24 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Novice

bbecker24 is on a distinguished road

Graham, I can't thank you enough. This worked Just as you described. I was able to add my headers and page numbers, and all looks well in the template. But when I go into my original document, there is already a header and footer (page number). In between every chapter, I have inserted a Next Page Section Break (I can't use even/odd because the text will probably change before I'm done). In the template, I even set my font, line spacing, justification, margins, gutter, etc. That way, the template would be ready to receive the book text when it is edited and ready to go to the printer (I was hoping).

Ideally, I would like to leave the headers/footer (page numbers) in the template, plus all the other formatting, and leave in the first few pages of dummy text. Then I would like to copy the text of my original document and paste it into the template -- and then delete the dummy text at the end.

I went into the headers and footer in the original document, and deleted all the text, but it still says "same as previous" even though there is nothing there. I can't figure out how to make that go away.

I tried copying in a few chapters to the template (in front of the dummy text, but the headers I had inserted into the template didn't "stick." I'm thinking that "same as previous" might be the problem, but I don't know what to do about that.

Also, when I went to paste the text into the template, my options were to keep source formatting (I'm assuming the source is the template), or merge formatting. I tried it with source formatting, but it didn't work.

If you can provide any further assistance, I will be eternally grateful. Would it help if I sent you my "revised" template and/or some of the text I'm trying to insert into it?

Thank you very much.

Barbara