View Single Post

Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2000
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcabrames View Post
I did see the knowledge base article you referenced but the searching that steps 5 and 6 call for don't seem to work on Windows 7 Ultimate. For one thing there is no "Search" option on the Start menu. There is a search field but entering ~*.* seems to select everything and I not found any files on my system in the format of ~*.*.
Hi David,

What you refer to as the search field is what the article refers to. Searching for ~*.* should only return files whose name begins with a tilde (~). Be that as it may, there are other ways of finding these files. The most likely locations are:
C:\Users\%UserName%\Appdata\Local\Temp
C:\Users\%UserName%\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Word
You can insert these paths into Windows Explorer, which will convert the '\%UserName%' to your username. You can then delete any .tmp files that aren't locked or otherwise in use.