View Single Post

Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 AM
dcabrames dcabrames is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

dcabrames is on a distinguished road
Default Saving a Word 2007 document as a PDF fails

Up until a couple of days ago I could save my Word 2007 Documents as a PDF by choosing the "Save As' option and then picking "PDF or XPS". Now when I do this I am getting the error message "This file is in use by another application or user" and the PDF is not created.

At first I thought the error message was related to the file I was trying to save as a PDF but after trying this with a new document I get the same error.

I have searched the web and found many possible solutions but none of them seem to work for me. It does not appear to be a problem with my anti-virus software and I am not using macros or any automation that I am aware of, I have re-booted my PC several times and I am not using any new fonts.

I did discover that if I disabled the option "ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)" in the "Save As" options that the error does not occur.

The PC environment is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on Intel Core Extreme CPU Q9300, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM

Does anyone have any suggestions or idea as to what happened? I do have Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 installed as well as Adobe Reader 9.1. As far as I know I am current on all Windows 7 and Adobe updates.