View Single Post

Old 04-30-2018, 06:47 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venganewt View Post
if the Case Type is "MV Pedestrian Knockdown," choosing an item from the DD list adds a new paragraph below with no text.
When I choose that type, I see four dropdown options:
• None
• PedKnock Statutes
• PedKnock Negligence Laundry List
• MORE TO COME
Are you running this on a Mac, or on a PC, when you encounter these issues?
Quote:
I can't choose responses out of order - when I choose a response for #1 and then exit and click yes at the "Add new entry" prompt, a DD list appears for #2. If I choose an item from that list, exit, and click yes, a DD list appears for #3, etc. I don’t see a way of getting a DD list to appear next to any number other than the one after the list being exited.
You can choose them in any order. What you seem to want, though, is for the output order to be the initial dropdown order, regardless of the order in which the items are chosen. That would break the nexus between the dropdown selections and the output list. If I recode the macro so that subsequent entries are not deleted when changing a given response, it will be possible to go some way to addressing this by allowing users to change a previous response.
Quote:
Can there just be drop down list boxes next to every number, and the form below would show numbered paragraphs for only those drop down lists from which the user has actually made a selection? Doing it that way would seem to obviate the need for the “Add new entry” prompt.
Yes, that would be possible, but surely you wouldn't want more dropdowns to be available for a given case type than the are valid responses!?
Quote:
When I change Case Types, all of the numbered paragraphs are cleared (which is good), but all of the DD lists are not -- sometimes the first DD list refreshes, sometimes the second, and sometimes the last.
I'm not seeing that - all response dropdowns except the first are deleted and all response outputs are deleted, too. We can revisit that once the above issues are clarified.