View Single Post

Old 04-21-2018, 10:35 PM
Mozzy Mozzy is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

Mozzy is on a distinguished road
Default Table not going to the bottom margin

Hi MS Word experts. I would love some advice on a situation I am encountering which is really annoying me. I used a template I found online for job application letter, which I liked its style/layout. It uses two tables. A slim contact details table (panel) on the left side of the page, and a wider and longer table for the actual job application letter where I outline my suitability for the role.

For some jobs, the letter goes more than 1 page, so the main table extends across 2 pages. The issue I have is that even though I have the bottom margin set at say 1cm, my text (and the table) stops at 2.5-3cm from the bottom of the page. The text (and the table) continue from the top of the next page where the top margin is set. so I end up with this big blank space at the bottom of page 1.

I have experiemented with specifiying various heights or leaving height blank or ticking or unticking 'allow row to braeak across pages and it makes no difference. Dropping the bottom margin makes no difference. The way a table works across more than one page is weird. I want the table to go all the way to bottom margin,and not stop short 3cm.

Why does a table in MS Word do this when it covers more than 1 page?