View Single Post

Old 04-12-2018, 03:24 AM
slaycock slaycock is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Expert

slaycock is on a distinguished road

Maybe I've misunderstood.

If you toggle the visibility of the ingredients then that text is still present when the document is sent to a freelancer. Thus the ingredients text may be viewed and /or corrupted by editing done by the freelancer.

With my macros you create your source document with the ingredients then before you send to a freelancer you run my macros to convert the ingredients text to an include text field.

When the freelancer receives this document, the include text fields will show as an error because the ingredients source documents are not present on their system. This makes it safer for the freelancer to edit the document without touching the broken includetext field.

When you get the edited document back, you place it in the same directory as the original document and then do a select all and F9 to update the document. This will reload all of the ingredient files.

You can emulate this process by copying your recipe document to a different directory. When you open the document to edit it you will see the include text fields showing an error. Edit the document avoiding changes to the includetext fields, save under a new name, copy back to the original directory, open the document and refresh it as described above, and the include text fields will again show the ingredients.

Once you have finished with the freelancers editing the document and you are ready to use it further for the publishing process, you select the whole document and do a control+F( to convert the include text fields back to text.