View Single Post

Old 04-03-2018, 03:26 AM
Loay harhash Loay harhash is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

Loay harhash is on a distinguished road
Question Creating 2 percentage fields to show the progress from week to week

Hello Everyone,

I am in a middle of a dead end and would appreciate some help on this one please.

To set the scene, I am looking after a MS Plan for a project where we normally send out weekly trackers to capture updates ( new dates, % complete changes, new tasks or deletion of existing ones). As a result of each tracker coming back, I update the Plan with all the new entries and changes. Following that I produce a change log which shows the current task name, current %age complete, last week's dates and this weeks changes, a field to flag if there was any change and what type of change it was.

what I am trying to do is to show the difference in %age from week to week in the change log. i.e. a field to show last weeks percentage and a field to show this weeks % and I could think of 2 ways of doing so.
1. Manual Way - create 2 text fields to show this week and last week %age and show them on the change log by copy pasting every week (or embed in a macro) from last weeks to this weeks. the problem with this is if I update the original %age complete I have to copy it in this weeks %age, will be very manually made.

2. Thinking about creating a field which calculates the difference between 2 text fields in above solution. but don't know how to subtract 2 text fields that has %age in them?

appreciate if anyone can help with an equation or some guide on how to show progress on %age from week to week

HTD

Thanks in Advance