View Single Post

Old 03-28-2018, 04:24 PM
amenu amenu is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

amenu is on a distinguished road

The Excel data that I am merging into my labels is the content of one Excel cell. It has 3 or 4 lines of text (wrapped). I now start recording a macro. When I insert the Excel data into my labels table it is inserted as one merge field that, when the labels are printed, will be printed as 3 or 4 lines of text. I want this block of 3 or 4 lines to be placed on the label a bit lower than Word would automatically place it. I want all 3 or 4 lines to be single spaced. If I set the paragraph spacing at .5 pt above, which starts the block of text where I want it placed in the label, it also separates each line by .5 pts, not the single spacing that I want. If each line were its own separate merge field there would not be a problem as I could adjust the paragraph spacing for each line. But it is one merge field with 3 or four lines of text. If I could set the top inner margin or each cell in the table, and set the paragraph spacing for the merge field at 0 pts, that would solve the problem (I think), but I cannot do that in macro record mode. The first of the three images I have attached show the setting that starts the block where I want it. The second image shows the result. The third image shows the result I want.
Attached Images
File Type: png mailing1.PNG (8.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png mailing2.PNG (2.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png mailing3.PNG (2.2 KB, 14 views)