View Single Post

Old 03-18-2018, 09:31 AM
gloy gloy is offline Windows 8 Office 2010 32bit
Novice

gloy is on a distinguished road
Default Outlook defaults to an old email address

I have been hit with a dilema I have a outlook account setup up on both my phone and descktop. somebody gave me a laptop that had been formated, so had to install an OS on it. I then installed office 2010 from an original disk (files copied from disk onto a new memstick) when setting up outlook for some reason picks up an old email address as default. as the credentials are different to what I am setting up it refuses to log onto their servers, I was liasing with ms tech support and after 2 hours they still could not sort the issue.

when setting up a new account everything is good, an says the account is created, Iam then adivised to reopen outlook, on opening I am requested to re input my password then it fails. and closes outlook,. this laptop has never been introduced to my old email address.

I was wondering if 1. anybody has experienced this issue , or 2, could advise on how to resolve it.

ps for testing purposes I setup the mail client included in win 8.1 and it went straight in with out any issues.