View Single Post

Old 03-08-2018, 08:29 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinci-hal View Post
***Because I have limited space, I have tried making that column width as small as possible, but I still end up having more white space than is needed. I would like to eliminate some of that white space (margin, padding, or what ever) without having the numbered list clipped. Is that possible?
This has to do with the paragraph formatting within the column. It is shown on the ruler. Select your column and then either:
1. Adjust the indent on the ruler, or
2. Go to the home tab and use the paragraph formatting dialog drop down to get to precise settings for your indents.

You may want to use a paragraph (not table) style for this.
Quote:
Secondly, ***
Is there a way to adjust the width of one column while, in one step, not effecting the width of the column next to it, but the width of another column instead?
Not that I am aware of. And yes, it is a pain. Perhaps someone else knows a way.

Tables