View Single Post

Old 03-03-2018, 08:50 AM
Sam Olstory Sam Olstory is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

Sam Olstory is on a distinguished road

Hi rsssnooker,

A colleague of mine was unable to activate his genuine copy of MS Office XP 2002 (bought on-line, May last year), he'd even contacted an on-line rep via the chat feature, only to be told that the product was no longer supported. The rep then suggested he try Office 365 (there's a free 30 day trial available). My colleague decided not to take up this"kind" offer and gave up.

I found your post and the 08000188354 number then I visited my colleague and phoned the number; there are options for Windows Office and Other MS Product. I selected "Office" entered the Installation ID on the computer's screen- nine blocks of six numbers.

A recorded voice said: "One moment please, while I check that out."

(Baited breath while we waited for the outcome).....

Verified!!!

Then had to enter seven blocks of six numbers (as gordonflemming suggested I wrote down the all the seven blocks of numbers of the Confirmation ID labelled A to G - after you click "Next" you won't be able to hear it again) - keeping a record of it means you can use it again in the future if you need to.

So now he has Office XP activated on his computer. Thanks to all who contributed to this. I have to admit I'm surprised that I was able to sort this out especially as it's March 2018!!! And to think he was going to throw the discs in the dustbin.

-Sam

Last edited by Sam Olstory; 03-03-2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Spelling error