View Single Post

Old 02-25-2018, 05:12 AM
Mythos Mythos is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Mythos is on a distinguished road

... i checked System Restore points, i found the point that mentions in the description that the affected program was Office, it was the last point, and i rolled back to the previous one. As i already mentioned the problem persisted.

I know exactly when this happened because Office was working properly, Windows updated the driver, and then Office stopped working. It was the only change that happened in the system.

I got one interesting suggestion to reinstall the stable driver that was working ok (i know which one is) and then make windows not to update it again... which may be possible. I am trying to find a valid way to do that.

So an update to anyone who will encounter the same problem...

Unfortunately as i mentioned i have win 10 x64 Home edition, not Pro so there are very limited options regarding Update control.

I did a driver rollback though, through Device Manager, and it worked (previous driver state was more than 8 months old). I just hope Windows won't update it again.
The thing that i found out is that Office crashes if the GPU in use is Nvidia... if i switch to the embedded VGA (HD 4000 - i7 3632qm) it works. You can choose which app runs with what.
There is definitely an issue here that wasn't predicted.

Last edited by Mythos; 02-25-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Progress Made