View Single Post

Old 02-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEm View Post
Stumbling on this thread as I have the same problem. I believe the "solution" by Charles Kenyon is not quite an answer to the question (and I'm still looking for one).

Putting a line break before the page number within the footer indeed has the same effect as changing the margin (i.e. it pushes up the text, instead of pushing down the page number, hence as noted by CK leads to repagination).

How to lower the page number within the existing margin (not pushing up the text, but pushing down the page number; no re-pagination)?
Hello KayEm,

It is an answer to the question that was asked.
It didn't work for you, because you have an additional problem.

Change the setting for distance from the edge of the page for the footer. This allows the footer to go lower rather than moving the text up.
Note, that like many page layout options, this is a section setting, not a page setting.

00 deleteme 1.png

Footers work from the margin down to that minimum distance setting. If you make the footer wider than the difference between the bottom margin and the minimum distance, you end up pushing the text up, as you've noticed.

The converse is true of headers. They work from the margin up to the minimum distance setting and will move text down if the header is wider than that.

Both of these include settings for space above and space before paragraph formatting in these calculations.