View Single Post

Old 02-21-2018, 10:38 AM
dianahbr dianahbr is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Advanced Beginner

dianahbr is on a distinguished road
Question Convert old pres with template applied to the current version of PowerPoint with a new template

I have searched for this and did not find an answer but some close discussions. I have created a beautiful new template and theme for presentations for my very large company. I have many, many older presentations created in 2010 and 2013 templates and themes. I want to convert those presentations from the older versions to the newer versions. The template seems to be the problem. How do I remove and replace the template for these long presentations? I figure if I can get the new template applied it will be easy to apply the new theme.

How do you remove the old template? How do you remove the old theme? Is this possible? In Word you can go to Options > Add-ins and on the Template and Add-ins window select the Normal.dotx template to revert and get rid of the formatting from any applied template. Kind of like formatting the document as .txt. Is there any way to strip a PPP? If not has Microsoft taken this into consideration and created a conversion tool?

Last edited by dianahbr; 02-21-2018 at 10:39 AM. Reason: poor editing