View Single Post

Old 12-29-2010, 07:59 PM
DrDtMM DrDtMM is offline Windows XP Office 2000
Novice

DrDtMM is on a distinguished road
Default Form protected in design mode

I am sorry to report that the file you sent back to me opened in design mode. This makes me wonder whether my W2000 is up-to-date. I know that my XP is. This is very distressing.

I also do not understand what you mean by "a normal code module". I do not know how to do that or where such a module would be located. My experience using MS Word for anything but writing documents (that do not need the formatting control afforded by MS Publisher) began yesterday. I have no experience with Visual Basic, though my programming background, which took place primarily between 1963 and 1969, during which time I did extensive programming is many languages including Algol and Pl/I, permitted me to follow the code that you wrote.

I really appreciate your help here, but I am beginning to wonder whether I should have attempted to use Word in this manner without considerably more knowledge about it and experience with it. This Survey Form is the simplest of three forms associated with my high-school 50th reunion (of which I am co-chair); all of them have to be ready to distribute via email by January 23. They are also being distributed on paper. The idea of using digital forms is to minimize the effort that will subsequently be required to analyze the Survey and to publish the 50th Reunion Book, which will incorporate biographies of all class members who submit them and for which I am personally responsible. Obviously, having the information arrive in digital form would save me and my committee considerable effort. I also have the option of distributing a Word file with none of these special text boxes, check boxes, etc., and just extract what my classmates insert into such a file, which is what we did for our 40th reunion. I thought that using Word Design Mode would be a more elegant and powerful solution, but I am beginning to feel that it isn't in the cards.

Dan Diamond