View Single Post

Old 12-28-2010, 10:14 PM
archerman archerman is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

archerman is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Word DOC(X) help - Export to specific format question.

I use a specific format for distributing information (1 pagers) via word doc(x). The problem I run into is that when others use this format they butcher it and make it look terrible. I have a specific way in which I want the text to be formated and place throughout the document however when others use it they cannot seem to get it right. What I'm looking for is a way to "DUMMY" it down. Essentially - create a way for other to simply enter text into a field and have it export correctly into the template.

For example I have a way to display the title. it is a specific font and size and maximum text length. I want them to be able to enter the title of their choice, limited to the acceptable text length and then "push" a button and have it exported to the correct format and location on the doc(x).

Is there a way for me to create a form or something else that an author would just simply fill in the blanks and "press a button" (if you will) and it produces a doc(x) in the format that I want it to be produced in???

I hope that this gets some attention and is clear enough... if not please ask for clarification.

Thank you!