View Single Post

Old 02-02-2018, 02:37 PM
tns tns is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

tns is on a distinguished road
Default Move 2013 notebooks to 2007

I am playing sysadmin for someone who is using onenote 2013, and would like to move all notebooks to a different PC running onenote 2007. Both PCs are win7x64. All the content is local to the PC; no cloud nonsense is involved. Some of the notebooks were originally created under 2007, and some under 2013, but right now all of them exist and have been modified under onenote 2013.

I have read lots of confusing posts about how this transfer either can't be done, or might be done with restrictions, along with a half-dozen different methods. One post specifically states that there WILL be problems moving from 2013 to 2007, but does not explain what the issues are. There seems to be no "save as" feature for an entire notebook.

I see three methods available to me in 2013: Using onenote Backup vs onenote Export vs plain old file copy.

In preparation I have copied the onenote folders onto a flash drive and I thought I could just copy these onto the new PC, but if there is going to be some compatablity issue, I see that onenote 2013 has an option to export sections in various formats including 2007. Would it be smarter to export a bunch of compatible sections (entire notebook) and then reconstruct the notebook from these?