Thread: [Solved] Advice on my Excel Project
View Single Post

Old 12-27-2010, 03:03 PM
woodland81 woodland81 is offline Windows Vista Office 2000
Novice

woodland81 is on a distinguished road
Default Advice on my Excel Project

Hello,

I have a project at work to do using Excel. I know the basics and what I was told was a requirement didn't think it was possible so started googling excel functions and capabilities and maybe design it around that.

I thought maybe on the Forums, if I create my basic design, those who advanced knowledge could comment or even suggested what would be good for me to add or remove. All opinions would be great.

The basic outline is we have a list of vehicles & details on the vehicles. These are going to have advertising put on them and will need to record the Start and End Date of current advertising. Some sort of alert is necessary to bring it to attention of when one advertising is coming to an end.

Ive successfully done Todays Date minus due date and a column showing how many days until Due. and added some basic Conditional Formatting.

I inherited the spreadsheet and added few bits myself. The calendar bit was already there, assume its to Log who's advertising is covering what dates. Is there anyway for those square to be auto completed when you enter Start and End Date?

From my research I've seen you can add Buttons to create an alert drafted email that extracts info from the sheet, in my case maybe that would be the Vehicles Due within 7 Days.
Each time an advert ends and new one starts I'd have to manually alter the start and end date. maybe i need some way of recording the info on each advert. Maybe an Archive Button that Sends the info to another Sheet where I just have to enter whos advert it was and then could filter out the truck and view all the past adverts.

I guess im speculating theories which I have no idea how to implement : - /

Any words of wisdom or advice would be brilliant. or if you think what ive got so far isnt very professional.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ew1qsw09dpa60fe