Thread: [Solved] Office 2010
View Single Post

Old 01-17-2018, 10:04 AM
apanbasu apanbasu is offline Windows XP Office 2010 32bit
Advanced Beginner

apanbasu is on a distinguished road
Default Office 2010

I am running Office Home and Business 2010 in XP environment. For a month or so every time I start the Outlook in the morning – I get this notification “The procedure entry point compare StringOrdinal could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL 32.Dll” and the software will not open. I have to close the software. I back-up the Disc regularly and I have to recover the drive from the back-up. It takes 25/32 minutes every time. Then it will work. One of the problems also is there – everything current in the computer is replaced with the what I have on the back-up date.
I have tried repair in regular basis and also defrag the Disc.
I do not have any problem in opening any other Office software.
I am 82 years old and I do some Engineering work so that I will not get old and keep stairing on the TV screen. It will cost me several thousand dollars to upgrade my computer and the software. Moreover, now a day’s most of the professional software are subscription basis. I do not make enough money to pay for the subscriptions.
I could not re-install Office because I have downloaded the software and the company from whom I bought the software is no longer in the business. I wrote to Microsoft suggesting download of older version against a nominal fee. I did not get any response from them. Obviously they want sell the newer version of the software. I have the keys of the software.
Is there any future for me and what else I could do to circumvent the frustration every day?
Any help will be appreciated.