View Single Post

Old 12-28-2017, 08:07 AM
pfriorda pfriorda is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2016
Novice

pfriorda is on a distinguished road
Default Can a I create an index in a word document where index entries control sections of the document?

I write a lot of reports that summarize test results. For the sake of argument, let's say there is a total of 50 tests that could potentially be included in a report, and any particular report has somewhere between 10-30 specific test results. I would like to create a document template that has an 'index' list of all of the potential tests, as well as a templated section of text for each specific test. This is all straightforward enough, but what I would like to do is link each index value (i.e., each test name) with its relevant section of text, so that if I delete the index value/test name from the index, it would autodelete the associated section of text from my report body.

Is there a mechanism in Word to do something like this? Thanks in advance for any assistance- I didn't have any luck trying to google this issue.

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 12-28-2017 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Change title to give more accurate information about problem.