View Single Post

Old 12-19-2017, 10:41 AM
pdxplorer pdxplorer is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

pdxplorer is on a distinguished road
Default Merged Checkbox Fields Always Checked

Hi everyone,

We have a form that we use in a web application. The form gets merged through a C# library and then converted to PDF. On the form, we have checkboxes that follow this format:

Quote:
{ IF { MERGEFIELD Service_AS } = "" "[empty checkbox symbol]" "[checked box symbol]" } Air Sealing
If the C# service sends in a field called "Service_AS", the box should be checked. Otherwise, it should be blank. This has been working just fine for a while, but I recently had to add new fields to the form. I followed the same format, but these new fields - and only these new fields - are always checked on the resulting form, regardless of whether the field name was passed in.

I have debugged the code and it is not sending in anything wrong - it is definitely a problem with the Word doc. I've tried copy/pasting the working fields and just changing the code and label (which I now know won't work), I've tried manually adding or typing in the merge field code. I've double-checked that all the options are the same between a working field and a non-working field. I am completely bewildered -- everything looks the same, yet it is only the new fields that are working incorrectly.

Also, not sure if this is relevant, but I'm using Word 2016 and I'm pretty sure the doc was created in 2013 originally.

Any guidance would be super appreciated, or let me know if there any more information you need from me.

Thanks!