View Single Post

Old 12-01-2017, 10:08 AM
tonysomerset tonysomerset is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

tonysomerset is on a distinguished road
Unhappy mm from Outlook to Labels

Hi,
Set up my Outlook Contacts to show name and address then followed mm to print to a new labels document (Avery L7160). Used Mailing Fields Full_Name and Home_Address then updated and all labels populated. Here is where is start to go so wrong.
Problem 1 - select to omit country in label
Contact addresses correctly set to show Country/Region but mm within UK no need to Country! Tried to set Rule but ended up printing address plus 'Kingdom' on each label! Only solution to further split my Contact list into UK and non-UK.
Problem 2 - show correct name
Contract Outlook Names are shown with Last Name first (to keep same surnames together). However Merge Field Full_Name shows title, last name then first name then suffix! Solution, ignore the Full_Name filed and build up the name with the separate fields, title, firstname and so on.
Problem 3
Outlook Contacts Home (mailing) Address has a multiple line box for the Street field, followed by separate line fields for City, State, Postcode.
In UK we have many street addresses which require multiple lines ie House Name, Street Name, Hamlet before the next field, City, becomes relevant. So having abandoned Home_Addresses field (due to Problem 1) and built up the address Field by Field encounter the next problem. if the Street Field has more than one line the other lines to complete the street address are locked into a data field.
To fit within the label limits (and to make the address block presentable) I have had to change the paragraph setting to omit the 5.5pt space above setting. However the data field is locked.
Help 1 can anyone tell me how to how to override the datafield paragraph setting.
Problem 4
As an alternative Exported my Outlook Contacts to Excel. Interestingly it imports the Outlook Contact Field 'Street' as three Street Fields 1, 2 and 3 (as you would expect). Except only line 1 has any data the other two fields are blank, missing the necessary data to complete the address.
Help 2 can anyone tell me how to Export to Excel and retain the three Street Fields data.
Help 3 can anyone give me any pointers as to how to mm my Outlook Contacts on to Address Labels whilst retaining a useable printed name and address.
My head hurts and I cant think of another way around, surely MS has a working solution?