View Single Post

Old 11-16-2017, 04:53 AM
phi phi is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

phi is on a distinguished road
Default OneNote-Sharepoint authentication problem

Hello,

I'm trying to resolve the following situation: I have a couple of office files on a Sharepoint file repository (outside the intranet with own access management), Word, Excel, PDF, Powerpoint, you name it. Besides that OneNote-notebooks with their usual file and folde structure. When retrieving the home page of that Sharepoint the usual credentials are requested in the usual login dialogue:

Checkbox for remember my credentials (here in German “Anmeldedaten speichern”) is checked. Afterwards the file list is displayed as expected. Opening an Excel spreadsheet results another credential dialogue shown by Excel requesting the same credentials:

So far, so good, credential remember checkbox is checked as before. The spreadsheet can be edited and saved back to Sharepoint.

But even trying to open an OneNote notebook fails. Initiated by clicking the basic notebook file Open Notebook (here German “Notizbuch öffnen”) in the main folder of that notebook:

Clicking it starts OneNote but a few moments later the status bar informs about the need to enter a password:

(“OneNote needs a password to sync this notebook. Click here to enter your password.”)

It's stuck at that point. When trying to “click here” as requested, the message disappears for a moment and returns unchanged. No obvious or hidden login dialog is shown, though the moment “seems” to be the same one like with Excel (shortly after launch of the application and then the application requests anotherlogin), only that no login possibility is shown with OneNote.

Any ideas, what's the problem here and what action might lead to success?

Thanks in advance
Philipp