View Single Post

Old 11-12-2017, 09:04 AM
andrbea andrbea is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

andrbea is on a distinguished road
Default Save the same file with different name 35 times

For a client's upload platform (for invoices) I have to send unique details, monthly, eg 35 times. The file in enclosure (it lists all the 35 invoices, giving 6 data fields in a row, per FW-number) This master file (per month) has the same content (about 3 pages long). but the client wants a unique title-name for the file for each ticket created. So I bring up the 3-page master file in Word and save it as FW1. then save it as FW2, then save it as FW 3 etc up to FW 35. Then I go to the Client's platform. Fill in 12 fields per work order (other unique data he needs) and then add the file title eg FW3.

Is there a way to run a macro on the Word master file and interactively fill in the file range for the title, eg FW1 then ending at FW35. Then the macro writes these files to one Word folder (called 02.10). Then, on his online platform, I can access the Word folder (this is already fuunctioning) to pick the files, which have already been created (FW1-FW35). Saving me the boring job of creating them manually, with save as FW 35, for example.
I just want a macro to save 35 files in 1 go, with titles FW1 running till FW35. Anotyher month the first letters might be different, XL1 to XL 46, but always 2 letters and a fixed number of files (max 60)