View Single Post

Old 11-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Squall LH Squall LH is offline Windows 8 Office 2016
Novice

Squall LH is on a distinguished road
Question PIVOT TABLES adding several FILTERS that do not intersect between them

Greetings,

I have this problem that I am unable to solve. IŽll try to explain as best as I can, and IŽd like to thank in advance whoever makes the effort to read it:
I have this data of "IDs" by rows whit many columns fields, "Type, Location, Task 1, Task 2, Task 3 until 18". Inside the fields of "Task" there are ID entries that say "None", and those are the ones that I am interested in. Something like this:

ID Type Location Task 1 Task 2 Task 18
Yes None Yes
None yes None

I need a pivot table, with a slicer by the field Location", that gives the total count of IDS and then the count of entries in Task 1 that have the value "none", the count of Task 2 that have the value "none" and so on. Should look like this:

Rows by type Total IDS Task 1 (filter: only "None") Task 2(filter: only "None")
a 500 50 100
b 23 etc
c 40

So I create a Pivot table, and I add as values the "count" of the IDs, putting on the rows the Type and as values Task1, Task2 etc. I don't add them as columns because it immediately starts to add them as subgroups. Then I add as filter "Task 1" for example. What I get is that if I filter so it only shows the Task 1 with the entry "None", all the rest of columns are filtered with the same criteria. If I instead, add several filters(let's say Task 1 and Task 2), I get the count of only the data that meets the condition of both of the filters.

How can I achieve a pivot table with filters for every field in each column? What I have tried so far:

-Creating 18 pivot tables each one with their own filter, connecting their slicers and arranging them so it would look like a single pivot table. The problem here is that not all the fields "Tasks" have entries for every single name on the field "Type". So when I touch the slicer by location, everything loses the arrangement and the order is then blasted. If there would be a way to lock the rows this could work.

-Trying to add the fields "Task" as columns, but again and again, it creates subgroups, one inside of the other. It does not let me just add them at the same level

Note: I haven't ever used VBA, but if that is what it takes IŽll get to it. Still, if there is a creative solution that allows me not to get into VBA, I'll take it.

Thank you for the help.